Monday, January 25, 2010

2 weeks old

Today is Carter's two week birthday! The time has gone so quickly, yet it feels as if he's been part of our family forever. Today was Carter's first trip to see Dr. Smith. Great-grandma Knoch came to take pictures. The doctor told me that the main goal of today's visit was to make sure he was back at his birth weight. When he was born, he weighed 7'9 and was 7'6 when we left the hospital. I knew had been eating a ton and was my arm was feeling the extra weight already, so I was not surpised when she told me he was 8'3 today. He didn't grow any taller, so he is truly just getting chubbier:-)


We have enjoyed 6 great nights of him sleeping through the night. Be jealous!!! However, some days he makes up for all the sleep by staying awake for most of the day. When he is awake, he isn't quite sure what to do with himself. If he is not being changed or fed, he feels like something is wrong.
Carter absolutely loves hands-his or anyone else's. When he sleeps, he usually has one hand touching his cheek. He LOVES when people play with his hands. My favorite though is when I feed him, he looks right at me, reaches up, and grabs a finger. It's amazing that something so small sometimes makes me pretty emotional.


When Carter grows up, the next paragraph will be something that will make him whine, "OH, MOM!" Today was Carter's first "accident." Travis and I had been warned about the dangerous duty of changing a boy's diaper. At first, we stood on guard, ready to block the spray. Carter hadn't showed any sign of doing that yet, so I had started to let my guard down. Today, I was changing him and had his legs raised up a little. The next thing I knew, he was going all over the place (none on me, mostly on himself.) After I stopped laughing, we had another bath and had to call dad to tell him the funny story.
Speaking of baths, Carter hates them. He likes the sitting in the water part, but despises the actual washing part. He's definitely all boy!!!

The biggest change I noticed this week was that he is starting to look like a little boy. Don't get me wrong...I know he is only 14 days old, but sometimes I don't see my baby but almost a boyish face. It makes me realize how fast this is going to go and how much I treasure every second with him. Thank you, God, for this gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment