Monday, February 1, 2010

3 weeks old

Today Carter is 3 weeks old.  He continues to change a grow before my very eyes.  It is almost time to box up his newborn sized clothing and diapers and move on to 0-3 month clothes and size 1 diapers.  A note of sadness comes to mind when I think of having to do that already.  He's my baby boy....everyone keeps telling me how fast they grow.  I understand them already.

One of the more exciting things this week was the baby shower that Aunt Darci, Randi, and Danni threw for Carter.  Grandma Liz, Cathy, and Aunt Angie bought Carter a swing.  Since day on, he has not been content to sit.  Even the slight bounce didn't satisfy his need for CONSTANT MOVEMENT.  I was having to swing him from side to side for hours each day. When Travis and I got home, we immediately assembled it and tested its magic.  Carter was asleep in less than 2 minutes. He loves it-the higher and louder it is the better. I also adore the swing. 

This week we continued to take a short outing everyday in preparation for today.  We left the house early for an appointment in Fort Wayne.  Afterwards we shopped and visited Great grandma and grandpa and Jessica.  Carter was FABULOUS through it all.  I barely heard a peep out of the guy.  On the way home, I kept watching him in the rear-view mirror.  He was wide awake staring out the window watching the world go by.

I cannot believe how quickly the time is going.  When Carter was born I chose to take 6 weeks off work-partially because 6 weeks felt like a long time then and partially because that was about how many sick days I had left to spend.  The thought of going to work and leaving him at day care is unfathomable as of now.  I treasure every second of time I get to spend with him. 

I love him more than words can express....

No comments:

Post a Comment