Monday, February 22, 2010

Ready or Not...Here We Come!

Six weeks have come and gone.  Because my sick days were quickly depleting, I went back to work today.  I was torn by the array of emotions I felt.  Obviously I felt awful leaving him at daycare. (We have the most amazing daycare ever by the way.)  On the other hand, I was ready to see my students and friends at school.  I have worked very hard to become the teacher I am today...but I guess that could be said of the path that led to motherhood.  I felt guilty that I can't just quit my job to hang out with him all day.  Being a stay-at-home mom is a tough job (it IS a job) but I guess I'm more of an out-of-the-home working mom. 

We got up bright and early and got dressed for daycare.  We were fortunate enough to have a spot at the church where I work.  The ladies are great!  Carter was very excited to meet Miss Kim in the morning.

I didn't cry.  I felt like it, but I didn't.  I didn't even call.  Nerves of steel!  I practically ran down the hall to his room when I went to pick him up.  When I got him home, I wanted to read books, and cuddle, and talk-he slept.  Figures.  We got some mommy and me time later on.

Last week I wrote about his baptism.  Here are a few great photos courtesy of my friend and youth group member, Sarah.  She is amazing behind a lens.

The other exciting events this week were family photos

and a surprise baby shower with the youth group.  Among other cool things, Carter got his first Build-a-Bear.  It was a busy, wonderful, happy week.

No comments:

Post a Comment