Tuesday, February 16, 2010

5 weeks

Five weeks ago today, I was sitting in my room at Dupont Hospital admiring this miracle.  He was one day old, so tiny, and one of the most beautiful sights I had ever seen.  Those feelings hold true still today.

This week was fairly uneventful until Sunday.  On Valentine's Day, Carter was recognized as a member of God's family through baptism.  Travis and I chose my sister, Kearstyn and our good friend, Pam to stand up as his sponsors.  Both women are excellent examples of Christian love in action. I am so happy to know that Carter will be surrounded by love and good role models throughout his life.  Although he had no idea what was going on or why someone felt it necessary to get his head wet, I almost wept when hearing Pastor B. talk about the joy that Carter has brought into our home and how it is our duty to bring him up in the way of the church.  My prayer for Carter is that he grows up to be a strong man of God.  I hope that he will be a shining light to those around him.  I want people to see and talk to him and know that God is working through him.  Whatever he chooses to do with his life, I pray that he does it honestly, with compassion and humility, and use the gifts with which God will bless him.  We will most definitely celebrate his Baptism birthday.  I will post pictures of this next week...

Here is Carter at five weeks old-

(Note the hand raised like a good student.  That is his new thing.)

No comments:

Post a Comment