Monday, January 18, 2010

Week 1

Carter is officially one week old.  Last week at this time we were just hearing the news of his birth and anxiously waiting to meet him.  We were able to see him on Tuesday, spend the night at the hospital (Thanks Dupont for our own room), and bring him home on Wednesday.  Everyone kept telling us that it would hit us at home...what am I supposed to do with this kid?!  I have to say that it wasn't until the first night that I felt that way.  Then some moms told me he was beginning to look jaundice, so naturally I began to fret.  It has since righted itself, and Carter is one healthy little boy. 



Carter and I sat down and had a nice talk.  I explained that day was for playing and night was for sleeping.  Since then, I think he his getting the idea.  Although he usually has an every three hour feeding schedule, last night he slept almost through the night (10 P.M.-5 A.M.).  Am I lucky or what?

Travis and I love to watch him sleep, but we really enjoy the times when he is alert and watching our every move.  Yesterday he stayed awake for three hours and listened to us talk, sing, make funny faces, etc.  That is my favorite memory so far....


Here is Carter at one week old.


1 comment:

  1. He is so adorable. Thanks for documenting his life on this blog! It's going to be so fun to watch him grow!!!

    ReplyDelete