Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Call

Psalm 37:4 Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart.

December 3rd. Blinking light. I press play. Little did I know this call would change our world.

"Hi, Travis and Amber. I have a question to ask you, but I don't think I should say it on an answering machine, so could you call me back?"

I looked at Travis and knew...this is what we had been waiting for. This call was what I had hoped and prayed for. This is the call I sometimes never thought would come.

Travis, being the one who has always kept me grounded, told me I was reading to much into it. It is just a phone call. Don't start jumping to conclusions. But I knew. It must have been my maternal instincts:-)

The caller was the birthmother. She had seen our profile at the agency and wanted to ask us a few questions. Finally, she said, "Well, will you adopt my baby?" I'm not sure I even answered, or if I did, I don't remember. To be honest, all I remember after that is my repeating thank you, thank you over and over and the due date--January 9th. ONE MONTH!!

I hung up and fell into Travis' arms sobbing.

Thank you, God! I am going to be a mother....finally!

No comments:

Post a Comment