Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Carter has a nickname

When trying to choose a name for our son or daughter, I kept leaning on certain names because of the ability to have a nickname. Growing up, I never had one. "Amber" just isn't a good nickname name. Travis and I disagreed on A LOT of names (mostly girl names) but finally agreed on Carter for a boy-even though there wasn't an obvious nickname for him. We were sitting at home, enjoying our little boy, when we started thinking about my nephews meeting him. They were planning a visit a few days later. Before I start picking on them let me tell you that I absolutely ADORE my nephews. My youngest, Colten, has personality galore and also a slight speech problem. I am sure in time it will correct itself, but as of now, his k sounds and r sounds are a bit off.Travis and I rolled around laughing just thinking of him trying to talk to his cousin, Carter. Well, the nephews came and Carter officially received his new nickname. TARTER (with the r's sounding a bit Bostonish).In the video, Colten is demonstrating it for you:

No comments:

Post a Comment