Thursday, January 14, 2010

We're home!!!

"This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased." Matt. 3:17



After hours of waiting and paperwork and more waiting and paperwork, we came home yesterday.  Carter was a gem in the car and LOVES his carseat.  I will have to remember that when he is up at night, refusing to sleep.  Roadtrip! 

Carter is a night owl.  He was before he was born, too.  She told me that he would be fairly still during the day but the second she layed down, he was in motion.  That describes the last few nights perfectly.  Although I am beginning to feel the effects of sleep deprivation, the evenings in the low light with no other sounds have been the most magical bonding times.  I think it is starting to recognize my voice.  When I talk to him, he stares straight into my eyes.



Carter had his first bath today.  He absolutely hated every minute of it.  We'll work on that.  My plans for this boy include swimming in the lake by June.  Think that'll happen?  A girl can dream...

Hendrix and Carter officially met yesterday.  We have been telling our 4 pound Pomeranian that he had a brother or sister coming.  We sat Carter on our bed and let Hendrix in the house.  He sniffed his way straight to our room.  He was a bit too excited-wanting to give Carter a tongue bath- but once we settled him down, he went into guard dog mode.  He sits right up against Carter and watches for intruders.  I am so glad my two boys are getting along!




No comments:

Post a Comment