Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day Weekend


Before Carter, I would envision taking my family to the lake to relax and enjoy the sunshine. This weekend we did exactly that!

Although we have been there quite a bit already, this was the first weekend that we celebrated summer-swimming, boating, skiing, grilling out, bonfires, and SPF 60. There are so many things that I want to teach Carter. I can't wait to teach him to fish, tube, catch frogs in the creek....all the stuff that I did when I was young.



For now, Carter got to enjoy his mini duck pool. We did go into the lake for a few quick dips. He screamed the first time, but got accustomed to the cold water the next few times. I think he finally ended up liking it.


We also took Carter on the speed boat. He got to watch all his cousins and Aunt Kearstyn go wakeboarding and tubing. Carter is such laid back kid. He just sat back and enjoyed the ride!


After such a great (but long) weekend, Carter was tuckered out!


Now that I am home for the summer, I am sure there are many more days like this to come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment