Monday, May 24, 2010

20 weeks



4 months 1/2 months. 20 weeks. 140 days. In this short time, I have come to love another person more than I ever thought possible. Someone asked if I have ever come home after a draining day and instantly been cheered by his smile. Since I am in the last few days of the school year, I would say, "Yep...just about every day!"


One of the perks of my job is that I will get to spend so much time with Carter this summer. I can't wait! We started practicing playing in the yard today. I wanted to see if grass bothered him. It doesn't seem to.




Auntie Kearstyn came to visit this weekend and couldn't believe how big Mr. Carter has grown. They had fun playing and he can't wait for her to come back this weekend. (Kearstyn-thank you for helping me with Carter and in my classroom. We love you bunches!!!)


New milestones this week:

We tried bananas and green beans this week. Not a fan of either. I don't think he is quite ready for those flavors. Maybe later.

Carter has been practicing holding his bottle for a few weeks now. He never could quite figure out how to place his hands. This week the bottle fell and Carter picked it up with both hands and lifted it toward his face. The first time it ended up in his eye (he knew his mouth was somewhere up there!) but the second time he found his mouth and held it on his own for about a minute.

Feeding himself-check. Potty training comes next....j/k

No comments:

Post a Comment