Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Somewhat mobile

So....I pride myself on being a pretty laid-back mom. I am certainly not one of those who worries about every little thing I do or don't do. My motto thus far has been, "We survived just fine on less," meaning that all the new fancy baby items and 'medical findings' weren't out when I was growing up, and yet, here I am! Don't get me wrong. I want to do everything possible to help Carter grow into a strong, smart, well-behaved young man, but I am not going to freak out if the baby book says that he should have done this or that.

The ONLY thing that I have slightly been pushing with Carter is using his arms more. As far as he is concerned, those pudgy things with 10 dangling digits are used mainly for sucking on. I have been trying to teach the little guy that his hands can be very useful for lots of other things, like pushing himself up into the crawling position.....

Carter had other plans for his mobility at this point in time. He has learned to very effectively, lie on his back and push with this feet to scoot across the floor. The poor kid is going to get carpet burn on his head if he is not careful!!!
This is how we first found out he could do this. Until this particular evening, he stayed in one spot in his crib. When we happened to check on him, this is what we found. Carter, where are you?



There you are!



Totally unrelated to that-Carter LOVES carrots (and by loves I mean will actually keep more than 1/2 in his mouth).

He also LOVES to feed the swans. Bulging eyeballs and talking up a storm the whole time.

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness...those pics with the stuffed animals are sooo adorable!!

    ReplyDelete