Thursday, June 17, 2010

Thinking



After talking with a good friend this week, I started thinking. (Scary, right?) She had asked me what my thoughts were on how non-biological children were accepted into their adoptive families. Okay, to be honest, she did not ask. It was very casually mentioned in conversation, and because I am becoming one of those ladies who speaks her mind, I started discussing it.

Carter is not "biologically" ours. It doesn't matter. Travis and I were talking the other day and laughing at how we sometimes forget that he was adopted. We forget the waiting, and paperwork, and money, and stress, and home visits, and.....
All we know is that he is our precious little boy. Our life.

I can honestly say that I could not love a child more than I do Carter. Travis seconds that statement:)





I am not one of those people who say, "I can't remember what my life was before my son." I can. I slept more. A lot more. I did my hair and make-up. My house was cleaner.

I am one of those people who will say, "Life before my son was not as meaningful or fulfilled. Life before him may have been organized and restful, but it was not nearly as beautiful."

I feel completely humbled by God's mercy and grace and fulfillment of promises.

Yep, that's what I was thinking.

1 comment:

  1. Completely agree! I've heard people wonder if adopted children can be as loved a biological child...I wonder the opposite, "would I love a biological child as much as I love Logan?!" Because I cannot imagine loving ANY child any more than I love him! I know it's silly, but that's how silly I think it is when someone wonders if an adopted child is as loved....Logan is part of us in every way that matters.

    I pray that both Logan and Carter grow up knowing how loved they are because of who they are...not because they are adopted or for any other reason.

    Beautiful post.

    ReplyDelete