Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Ball-y

I think it is funny to sit back and watch Travis interact with Carter.  I knew that Travis would be a great father, but sometimes I can't believe how much he has changed since this sweet, little boy entered our lives.  Carter absolutely LOVES playing ball with Trav.  They throw it back and forth (Carter gets SO excited that he starts throwing his entire upper body up and down until he gets the ball back). This is their thing.  Carter does not, and will not, play catch with me no matter how hard I try.  Our thing is music:)

Anyhow, after Thanksgiving the ball went missing.  I had taken it to my parents' house that day and we just couldn't find it.  Travis kept asking about the ball. "Have you seen Ball-y?"  "Let's go buy another Ball-y." BALL-Y!  Who'd have thunk 10 1/2 months ago that my tough hubby would start using phrases like this in everyday conversation.  Without the ball we had to find other ways to hold his attention for more than 10 seconds. 

Baths work:


 New toys work:



Chasing the dog seems to be the best option yet:



At Thanksgiving (all 3 of them so far) Carter was spoiled with tastes of all the food.  His interest in baby food is getting less and less.  He wants whatever we are eating.  So, while I was eating all the yummy goodies-so was he!  He likes mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes (mashed and sliced), bread, pumpkin pie, jello and marshmallow dessert, and especially whipped cream. On a side note, I usually feed him very healthy, balanced meals.  This was just a really big treat! We loved seeing our family too!

I love Black Friday shopping, and this year was not going to be an exception. While daddy was slaving away at work, Baby C and I headed out around 7 A.M. to find the best deals.  I was able to get everything on my list (and more).  He is such a great shopper.  We both needed a break about half-way through, so we went to the local coffee shop, pounded on a coffee table, and shared a bagel.  I hope he wants to hang out with me like that when he's older.

As much as I despise winter, I adore decorating for Christmas.  I couldn't wait to see how Carter would react when the tree was lit for the first time.  I plugged it in and Carter stared at it, then at me, and back at the tree.  I think he was more confused than amazed.  He really likes this Santa, though.
Carter is still working on that fourth tooth this week.  This one is the roughest yet.  On the positive side, he is all about mommy while this is going on.  Whereever I go, he crawls there.  If I am standing somewhere, he is sitting between my legs.  If I am sitting somewhere, he is trying to sit in my lap. He wants hugs, smooches, and high fives non-stop.  This is great because Carter has despised cuddling from the beginning.  I am soaking it all in because I know it will not last forever.

No comments:

Post a Comment