Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Remembering Nana V.

My dear Carter Lee,

Our little family is so blessed to have such wonderful friends and family that surround and support us.  With all my heart, I wish that one of those people were your daddy's mom, your nana.  Three years ago, grandma Melody went to live with Jesus in heaven.  She was sick for a while, and God wanted to make her well again by calling her home.  We miss her everyday, especially your dad.

My heart breaks that you didn't have the chance to meet her.  You'd have really loved her, and she would have adored (and spoiled) you.  Here are a few things that we want you to know about her:

1.  She was a wonderful mom.  Your dad has told me numerous times that your grandma was his best friend.
2. She was hilarious!  Her jokes weren't always appropriate, and she always said exactly what she thought, but if you were around her, you were most definitely laughing.  Your grandma's laugh was the LOUDEST laugh I have ever heard.  Once, when your dad was a teenager, he heard her laughing clear across Meijer.
3. She loved every single holiday.  The house was always decked out with holiday decorations.  For Halloween, she wore this hideous old man mask and would jump out and scare anyone she could.  For weeks I would be nervous walking around their house for fear of her and her mask.
4. She was the best cook!  I still make a lot of her recipes.
5. She was kind and caring.  At her viewing and funeral, so many people came to show and tell us how much Melody meant to them.
6. She would have loved you so much!!!

One day you'll get to meet her...and hopefully she doesn't have her old man mask on:)

1 comment:

  1. This brings tears to my eyes! Carter will grow up loving to hear stories of her.

    ReplyDelete