Wednesday, November 24, 2010

On the Go....



Well, since I last wrote Mr. Carter has mastered crawling.  It is so fun to walk into another room and hear his hands pounding the floor as he crawls to wherever I am.  When I say "his hands pounding" I am not exaggerating-he slams his hands down with each crawling step he takes.  It makes it really hard for him to sneak anywhere!

Wait, I take that back.  The one place that Carter does sneak to is Hendrix's food bowl  If it is anywhere in sight, that is exactly where he is heading.  The other day, I plopped him into middle of the kitchen floor, left for less than a minute to grab his diaper bag in his bedroom, and came back to find him in the hallway chewing on a piece of the dog's kibble. Yuck!  I guess I'll have to find a new place for Hendrix to eat so that Carter doesn't.

Besides dog food, he is eating everything in sight and no longer gags at different textures.  Travis and I have learned the value of cereal puffs and how important they are to take EVERYWHERE.  No matter when he last ate, what time it is, or how many teeth are popping through Carter is happy when he has his cereal puffs.

Speaking of teeth, he now has three and is working on the fourth.  Every once in a while you can catch a toothy grin. Carter got his first toothbrush the other day.  He likes the taste of the bubble gum toothpaste, so he doesn't mind having them brushed as long as he gets to chew on the toothbrush for awhile afterwards.

As much as I don't want to admit it, I'm pretty sure he is saying "da-da."  Okay, let's be honest.  He says it all the time.  At first I told Travis that it didn't count because he was just making the noise.  We agreed that we wouldn't accept it as his first word until he actually knew what it meant. So now that he says it when Travis walks in the room, I guess it counts. Bummer...

No comments:

Post a Comment