Thursday, July 29, 2010

Bought and Paid For

Last night was our third and final post-placement home visit.  Every two months, Mrs. Susie would come to see how Carter was progressing under our care.  The visits weren't a big deal, but for days before I would stress out.  Travis too would pitch in to get the house in tip-top shape.  Looking back now, it is funny how out of hand we really were.  The first visit, I had Travis going around every single baseboard with the vacuum attachment to pick up the dust bunnies that could be there.  My pantry was organized in breakfast/lunch/dinner fashion from largest to smallest.  Nut cases....

Once Mrs. Susie was in our home, I found myself completely at ease-proudly showing off all of Carter's new "tricks."  If you haven't picked up on it yet, I am one proud momma! 

Well, last night the last payment was made and Carter is officially bought and paid for (if this offends you, I promise I say it jokingly).  In addition to being emotionally taxing for both sides, adoption is PRICEY!  I am proud and extremely greatful to God for providing us with the means to save, and save, and save until we were able to finally start (and complete) the adoption process.  I have begun to wonder if this was the reason that God opened up the door for my second job. Do we want to, or will we be able to adopt again?  I don't know.  That's up to Him!

I am sad to report that I start school in less than two weeks.  I had a difficult time thinking about this last night while I rocked Carter to sleep.  At first I thought I was meant to be a working mom, but my heart is telling me otherwise.  Taking him back to daycare full-time now will be harder on me than when I took him at 6 weeks old.  He's just so cute and cuddly....

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations!!! I LOVE that last picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!!!

    I feel it in my heart, too. The desire to be a stay-at-home-mom. As much as I enjoy the adult time, but I know that no matter what, I love my daughter more than anything and she knows that.

    Carter knows that, too. He knows that his Mommy (and Daddy!) loves him more than life itself.

    ReplyDelete