Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Late, but Not Forgotten

Yes, this post is late.  Monday seems to come so quickly and in my defense, it was a holiday weekend.  I have been busy.  So busy I feel like I should forego sleep and work on things-busy.  And to think that I find time to do it all during the school year....

Enough about me.  On to the not-so-little guy.  Have I mentioned that I am head over heels for him?  I think back to last summer when we were waiting so desperately for "the call."  I spent hours at the lake: on the boat, in the sun, thinking and praying that God would make our family an actual family before the school year started.  Well, He had other plans, and I couldn't be more joyous about the difference between last summer and this summer.

This week we found out that Carter LOVES fireworks.  I am still amazed at how fearless he is.  Big noises don't phase him at all!


Mr. Carter went to his first birthday party.  His BFF Grace turned 2 (an older woman, I know).  Carter picked out a doggie chair/lounger for her.  She was nice enough to share.

Carter still really loves the lake and the boat.  I picture him next year wanting to jump over the creek with the big kids and saying things like, "fish" and "swim."  Can't wait:)

We both enjoy bath time.  He is almost strong enough to fully sit-up in his big boy duck bath.  We splash and kick and play with bubbles.  I don't think he found this amusing though.

Last, but most importantly, we got to visit with Rachael again tonight.  Not only her, but her parents, grandparents, cousins, and aunt.  Watching them shower him with love and attention warmed my heart.  We had a really great time (with really great food-thanks!) and hope to see them again.

In just a few short days, this guy will be half a year old. Amazing!

1 comment:

  1. That not-so-little guy is so blessed to be surrounded by so much love!

    ReplyDelete