Monday, July 12, 2010

Happy half-birthday to youuuuu!

Six months ago-today, I laid eyes on the man  baby of my dreams. Six months ago- yesterday, Carter came into this world.  The time has flown, the memories have been constantly imprinting themselves on my heart and mind.  I adored the time with Carter as a baby.  Cuddling with him.  Watching him yawn and smile (when really it was gas.)  Having him look at me and over time figure out that I was his mom.  I have to say though, I am enjoying him at six months old WAY more.


We celebrated yesterday with a small celebration after dinner.  Okay, let's be honest here.  Don't start engraving my Mother of the Year award just yet. For days I knew his half-birthday was coming up, but it wasn't until his Auntie Pam mentioned it at church that I remembered.  So, back to the celebration.  Carter got a small spoonful of whipped cream with half a burning candle.  After three tries (1. Carter put the candle out with his hand.  2. Carter threw the plate on the floor....) we sang him "Happy Birthday," let him eat, and that was that.


 He did get two new books for his massive collection.


Knowing that some of you live and breathe this blog (HA!) here's a heads up.  Carter and family will be having an adventure, so the next update will be in two weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Amber! My name is also Amber. I came across your blog when I started searching for staff members from Hamilton Elementary School. I am coming on staff this fall (signing contract this week) for K-6 Special Education. I hope it is not too weird to leave a message, I could not figure out how to do it privately. I am tremendously touched by your blog, you have no idea. :) I would love to talk with you if you do not mind. It would be helpful to have at least one familiar face, especially one with similar religious beliefs. Have a great weekend!

    ~amber

    ReplyDelete