Monday, August 16, 2010

A Day in the Life...

Hi!  My name is Carter (as you know).  My mom started teaching again and has had a busy few weeks.  She looks tired when she comes home, but plays and plays with me until I fall asleep.  She keeps telling me how much she misses me-whatever that means.  To help her out, I decided to take over this week's post.  I want to share with you what we did on a typical summer day.  Here goes:

The first thing I do in the morning (besides getting changed and fed) is go to my mom and dad's room.  Mommy and I lay on the bed and laugh.  I get tickled (my favorite) and smooched (YUCK!). I am always anxious to see my brother, Hendrix. He's so cool!  I wish he would hang out with me more.

Before it gets too hot, we check our garden for fresh fruits and vegetables.  I can't wait to learn how to garden and mom can't wait until I learn to pull weeds. (P.S. Did you know I can sit up now?!)


Usually we go to visit Gpa K.  Mom says he is her all-time favorite person.  I can understand why.  He is handsome too! I like his haircut.  It's just like mine.

All day long, we swim and swing, walk and play with toys.  I don't like naps.  I won't take naps.  But sometimes mom makes me.  Stupid naps!

Finally, daddy comes home!  I get really excited and sometimes squeal when I see him walk through the door.  I want to grow up to be just like him.  He has hair just like me, too!

Before I know it, the day is over and I am ready to rest.  Mom reads me a few books.  The very hungry caterpillar is my favorite and I have learned how to turn pages.  We say our prayers and I get tucked in, but they better not forget to give me my lovey!!!  *YAWN*  Goodnight.

2 comments:

  1. How sweet! This summer has gone by way too quickly. It seems like after you're a Mom, the time speeds up. :c(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally! I just want to push the slow motion button and enjoy it all.

    ReplyDelete