Wednesday, March 10, 2010

8 weeks

Carter is ALMOST two months old! Tomorrow is the big day.  We will be celebrating in some manner (pictures to follow.)  It was another great week to be a Vonderau.  Here are some of the highlights:

The weather is starting to warm up around here-HOORAY!!! We took our first walk in the stroller outside. (Going to the mailbox and back doesn't count...)  Carter was too tired to really enjoy it.  He slept almost the entire time, except for when I accidentally hit that massive bump in the sidewalk...sorry, buddy. 

My tulips are coming up (I had to throw this in even though it has nothing to do with Carter because I look forward all winter to seeing the tips of my favorite flowers popping up.)

Miss Susie, our adoption case worker, came up for a visit.  We have to be "visited" three times, at two months, four months, and six months before our adoption will be finalized.  The visit was a nice time to show Carter off.  Anytime I am allowed to go on and on and on and on about how wonderful he is and what new things he is learning is a good time for me!

The flu bug hit our house.  Strike that and rewind-the flu bug hit ME hard and with a vengeance.  This was the hardest thing we have endured in our time with Carter.  I had to stay completely away from him until today (which is why this blog is totally late!) Travis had to do it all- feeding, changing, getting up at night, cleaning the house in preparation for Miss Susie....  Many thanks go out to him for being such a wonderful father and husband.

Finally, but certainly my favorite, Carter laughed.  He was in his wierd sleep mode where he rolls his eyes back into his head while smiling from ear to ear.  I happened to laugh at something and Carter let out two little giggles. 
My heart melted....

No comments:

Post a Comment