Tuesday, March 2, 2010

7 weeks

I miss my little boy.  Up until last Monday, Carter and I had a nice schedule going of waking up and cuddling, reading, playing, eating, cuddling again, taking a nap together, and playing some more.  Now that I am back into the hustle and bustle that is my life, I don't get to do much of that anymore.  He has been much better about staying awake after daycare, but it is still not the same.  I wish I could have taken off the rest of the school year.  At least spring break and summer are coming soon.

Carter may or may not have a touch of colic.  Today has been fabulous, but the past few days he has been complaining of a tummyache.  Poor guy.  We snuck Mylicon drops in his formula and that seems to help. 

Let's see...what exciting things do I have to tell you?  Carter can tell us when he is tired by rubbing his eyes.  He doesn't always know where his eyes are.  He will hold the back of his hand up to his face-first his ear, then his forehead, sometimes the cheek, then AHA! the eye.  He talks a little more now.  Mostly it is noiseless movements of the mouth, but occasionally he lets out an "aaaahhhhh."  Travis loves that he will straighten his legs and lock his knees long enough to stand on our laps for a few seconds.  We continue to practice swimming in our bathtub.  I help in float on his back while he kicks away with his legs.  Last time, he got so excited that he smacked his arms in the water causing him to splash his face.  No tears this time...just a look of complete shock.  I think we are ready for summer!

We continue to thank God for the gift of Carter, as well as for his birth mother and her family.  What a lucky boy Carter will be growing up knowing that he is loved by both of our families.

(How could we not with cheeks like this...)

1 comment:

  1. He changes so much from week to week. Love the pictures -- so stinkin' adorable!!!!

    ReplyDelete