Tuesday, March 30, 2010

11 weeks

I'm afraid I am going to miss out on something.  One of my friends told me that there is an unspoken rule at her son's daycare that unless the parent tells them about something new the child can do, they will not talk about it.  For example, if her son were to take his first step, they will not tell her about it.  They won't say a word until she mentions that SHE saw his first step at home.  She would never know if she missed a first that way.  Sometimes I feel like I am going to miss so many of Carter's firsts because of having to take him to daycare.  I hope they adopt this rule there too!

Luckily for both of us, Carter and I were able to spend last week together because of Spring Break.  He is changing so quickly-sometimes I have to stop and think, "Oh my gosh, he is already (fill in the blank)!"  A few of the changes I have seen this week are:  
He talks constantly, and I really believe that he thinks he is holding a real conversation with whomever he sees at that time.

He is reaching up to play with toys and grasps things for a minute or so.

When Carter sleeps, he raises his hand straight up into the air and leaves it there for a while.  I like to joke that he is already becoming the good student and often call on him, "Yes, Mrs. Carter.  Do you have something to say?"

He likes the T.V. now.  I promise when he grows up, T.V. time will be limited, but right now he LOVES LOVES LOVES LOVES to watch "Baby Praise."  If you haven't heard of it before, it is much like Baby Einstein (which I know has been recalled) but it not nearly as strange and is set to contemporary Christian music.  If you don't have it for your child, I highly recommend it.  (Thanks Biz and your mother-in-law for turning me on to it.)

We are developing a schedule.  I am quite a random, non-schedule type person, so this has been different for me.  We decided to enforce a 7 P.M. bedtime.  It is working out really nicely and Carter is adjusting to it fine. 

A few excitings things from this week:

We visited with Kaylynne at Trine!

While we were enjoying our time together, we surprised Aunt Kearstyn at I.P.F.W. for her birthday.  We brought her lunch and hung out with her on campus.  We also got to visit with other family, like Gma and Gpa Knoch, Nana, Grampa, Papa Richard and Liz, and great grandpa K.  It was a busy week!

Because I started out talking about first, I have to share this.  Monday was my first birthday as Carter's mommy.  I didn't ask for anything because I couldn't think of anything else I could possibly want.  His birth grandmother wrote me a nice little message and I responded that I would have to think of something new to wish for when I blew out my candles this year. 

Thank you God, for helping to make this wish come true!

No comments:

Post a Comment