Thursday, March 3, 2011

13 Months

I am hoping to do a better job at updating this than I have been.  (Okay-let's get real.  Any attempt will be better than what I have done for the past few months).  Now that Carter is totally mobile, life is chaotic!

Let's see-

He is 23 pounds and ? inches (whatever it was, it was perfectly 50th percentile)

What he says:
Dada, mama, ball, juice, dog, this, that, roar, no, yeah, and I think he says what's that

What he eats:
At the beginning of the month I was so afraid we were going to have MAJOR issues with table food.  He was totally against any textures except totally smooth or crunchy.  We have since gotten over this and pretty much eat anything in sight, besides meat.  Not a big meat eater.  Notes from school often say, "He had a big appetite today."  That's my boy!  Favorites are graham crackers, toast, waffles and pancakes, mixed fruit, bananas, sweet potatoes, spaghetti....

What he likes:

Playing with Kaylynne
Carter will bypass all other toys and head straight for a ball. He taps it, rolls it, chases it, throws it.  Sometimes Hendrix will join in on the fun and steal it from him.  Don't worry.  Carter thinks it is hilarious!  He also likes to climb stairs and does so surprisingly fast thanks to all the practice he gets at the Hall's house. He is beginning to like books and music more and more which warms my little teacher heart.

Things I don't want to forget:
The kisses.  He is such a lover-especially close to bedtime.  Wide-open mouth, both arms around my neck or pulling on my hair.  SO SWEET!
Apparently I squeal when I wrestle with him, and he has picked that up.  He will stand on the bed, raise his arms, let out an ear piercing girly squeal, and attack.  It is pretty funny!
How he sleeps with his arms tucked under his cheek and his butt way up in the air.


Until next month....

No comments:

Post a Comment