Sunday, October 31, 2010

My Big Boy

The past two weeks were some of the hardest of my life.  I had the opportunity to travel to China as part of an education initiative connecting schools from Indiana with schools in China.  I was able to sight-see the amazing ancient Chinese buildings, climb (and tobaggan down) the Great Wall, and be treated like a celebrity-but they paled in comparison to missing Travis and Carter.  I was able to Skype them but not as often as I would have liked because of the 12-hour time difference.

Needless to say, I was SPEEDING home to see my boys.  I could not believe how big Carter had gotten!  Travis did an incredible job taking care of him.  (You have such a great daddy, Carter!!!)  While I was away, Carter learned to pull himself up into standing position on toys and in the crib.  Today we will be lowering the mattress.....

There was no better feeling than opening the door and seeing them.  Carter stared at me for a few seconds then started a slow, creep across the face, then ear-to-ear smile.  Since I've been home, I can't get enough of him.  Although I've known it all along, two weeks away certainly makes a person realize how blessed they truly are.  I'm so glad to be home!!!

1 comment:

  1. So glad you made it safely home!!! It was great seeing you the other day too! I know I said I would be back Wednesday however I may be taking a little longer. I will keep ya' updated. Cannot hardly wait to see some pictures! Glad Carter responded well to you returning home after being gone for an extended amount of time!!

    ReplyDelete