Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Male Bonding

While I was away at Camp Lutherhaven with my 8th grade confirmands, Travis was able to spend a little one-on-one time with Carter.  First, though, Carter had his first slumber party at Nana and Grampa's house.  He was thrilled to be able to spend time with Aunt Kearstyn, too!

When I got home, I couldn't help but want to rock him to sleep. 

We've been reading LOTS of books.  My favorite for some reason is becoming Are You My Mother? for obvious reasons.  He will sit very patiently and listen to most of all stories.  A few of the longer ones end pretty abruptly.
We have also begun reading our Bible and watching Veggie Tales.  Since Travis and I were fortunate enough to have attended a Lutheran elementary school, we we able to learn Bible stories, prayers, and receive religious education on a daily basis.  I would LOVE for Carter to have the same opportunity!  Unfortunately, there is not a school close enough to where we live.  It will be our sole duty to teach him all these things...so why not start young?!!

The other day, Travis was holding Carter and Travis starting pretending to cry.  Carter started belly laughing.  He thinks that wailing sound is hilarious!!

No comments:

Post a Comment