Monday, April 12, 2010

Getting Good

I think every new mom has those moments when they first bring their child home from the hospital.  The moments where you sit and wonder, "What in the world do I do with this kid?"  I could have been heard not only saying that, but also telling Travis that I didn't know what to do in other situations.  Obviously I don't know everything.  I am sure there will be days that baffle me as a mother.  However, I finally feel like I am getting really good at this!

Milestones:
Carter is huge!  We visited with one of our neighbors today who just had a 5 pound 7 ounce baby girl.  Carter looked like a linebacker next to her.  Don't get me wrong-I think he is perfect! It was just so funny to see.

We continue to work on using his arms during tummy time.  He is strong, but chooses to suck on his wrists rather than lift his head and chest off the ground.

Smiles galore!


Still loves "Baby Praise" but is getting sick of DVD #1.  On to the next one... He ditched the bouncy seat in favor of this big boy toy:

Carter had a big week!  He had cold #2 (thinking it might be allergies...).  Travis jokes that when he walks into the infant room at daycare it is like walking into death.  Snot, sniffles, and sneezes everywhere.  It is not their fault, but I have to keep reminding myself that it is helping to build his immunities.

He also was adored by the masses at Grandpa Richard and Liz's wedding. (Yes this is his Easter outfit....it served double duty.)

The Alabama Vonderau's came up for the occasion and fell in love with his "soft head."

He loved the DJ and fell asleep at 8, noise and all.  My favorite part of the evening was when Travis and I slow danced with Carter in between us.  "I'm so in love with you, it just keeps getting better. I wanna spend the rest of my life with you by my side. Forever and ever.
Every little thing that you do, Baby I'm amazed by you."

No comments:

Post a Comment